Monday, March 14, 2011

libEasyRandR

I've been trying to create a library to simplify the use of randr functions in X server. It's still a long way from being complete however I have already implemented most of the functionality that exists in v1.3 of the randr specification. I have written a small test program to test if the library actually works and for now I'm able to query the xserver for the available outputs, what modes they support, which one is being used now and much more. I have added support for also making changes to the configuration but it hasn't been tested for now. For anyone interested in the project, I'm using github for the project. You can find it here.

The next step is to create a nice GUI application to use the lib. I'll be making some tests with some concepts I have for multimonitor configuration and I'll be posting the progress. You can find the GUI app in the github repository as well (kdisplay) however it doesn't do anything for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment